Tuesday, January 5, 2010

I'm Back!

I'm back with a vengeance. It's been almost 2 weeks without internet when my modem when kaput, and I was almost crazy with boredom. Yes, taking away the very link to the internet world is the cruelest thing that could happen to a hardcore internet addict like me.

But I didn't suffer much. I owe it to the building anticipation that I have with Hafiz's preparations for his very first day at school. My son had grown up! And I got myself busy with all the preparations. Buying the school uniforms. Go to school for registration. Go to school for his Orientation day. Wrapping his textbooks. (dan aku baru perasan, anak aku bakal belajo bahasa Arab. Wah-lau!) Buying the stationery. Sewing the school badge to his school shirts.

Wait a minute. Did I say sewing ? Aku ? Menjahit ?Aku tak pernah belajar menjahit. I blame it on the education system in Malaysia (hahaha it always easier to blame others, plus it made me feel much better too!).

When I joined secondary school, I entered the 'elite' commerce stream. Most students who scored at least 3As in Penilaian Darjah Lima exam were chosen to enroll in the Commerce stream. Others who did not perform quite well in their PDL were lumped together in another group. The girls learned Home Science or Sains Rumahtangga, and the boys...errr I forgot what class that the boys took.

Anyway, I always envied those girls who joined SRT class. They cooked at school, and always have something to eat at the end of the day. Yup, I had always been an eating machine since I was a teenager. And they learned how to sew and mend torn clothes, etc etc. And I never learned such skills at school. Never formally. And so I grow up to be an ignorant teenager, never knowing that I would greatly need those skills in my later years.

I learned how to cook when I was in UK. It's like sync or swim. Either I learned to to cook, or die eating instant noodles everyday. Being a Malay totok with an even totok perut (I cannot tahan without rice, 2 days without rice and I will turn into a zombie. serious.), I had no choice but to learn how to cook. And mending my torn clothes. Had to lah. or else, I had to keep on wearing baju koyak to my uni. Sigh.

Suffice to say that my sewing and mending skills were at minimum level. Tapi aku tetap gigih dan bersemangat untuk jahit sendiri lencana sekolah Hafiz ke uniform sekolah dia. Even with my almost non-existent sewing skills. Macamana rupanya aku menjahit ?

Ingat tak adegan dalam filim labu-labi, scene di mana Haji Bakhil menaip pakai typewriter dalam hutan ? Ha. Macam tulah rupanya aku menjahit. Terkial-kial, terhegeh-hegeh. and with lots and lots of cursings. biru suasana dengan macam2 kata2 makian yang keluar dari bibir cumilku ini. After much cursings and swearings, Teddy told me to give up and send those uniforms to a tailor.

"Hantar kedai je lah. rosak baju budak tu kang!", said Teddy.

I gave him a glance that could froze holt and molten lava, and he shut up.

And being a kiasu mom, I persevered and continued sewing those darn badges. And I made it! All 3 shirts! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P/S : Aku tengok baju anak2 ahkakbatik, dan dengan bongkaknya aku rasa jahitan aku setanding dengan jahitan kak tek itewwww...hahaha bongkak tak hengat!

11 comments:

  1. aku tak leh hengat la scene haji bakhil tu... hahahahahhaa.... dengan gelak gatai dia tu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yaka selevel ngan jahitan aku.....bak mai tengok!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aku kalo cakap pasal aji bakhil musti rasa geli bila ingat adegan dia nak ngorat cekgu murni....eeeuuuuwwwwwww !

    ReplyDelete
  4. apesal aku tak hengat langsung adegan hj bakhil tu haaaa....
    citer tu tayang masa aku lom lahir kot sebab tu aku leh citer transformers ngan spiderman je...

    ReplyDelete
  5. eh.. PDL?
    bukan ke PDL tu dh lama obselete?

    tuo ko ekau ni berlian?

    ReplyDelete
  6. budak-budak yang lahir after 1978 mesti tak tau ape ke bendanya PDL ni kan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. the boys.. ambik industrial art beb!

    ReplyDelete
  8. elehhhhh cakap boleh laaa.. bak mai tengok gambo.... hahaha... errr aku pun tak ingat scene haji bakhil tu... konpom aku anak jaman milenium...

    ReplyDelete