Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Burying A Queen of Heart

Today I buried my very first dead creature, and it was not a beautiful experience.


It was a rainy day. I wished that I could just snuggle in front my 40 inch LCD, watching a bunch of cute Korean boys flaunting their good stuffs while singing to some mindless but catchy tunes, but I can't delay the inevitable any longer. I've got to do it.


Now! Pronto! Sekarang!


So with a heavy heart, I grabbed a shovel and made my way towards a quiet, secluded place at the back of my lawn. It was dead quiet except for the soft sounds of the rain hitting the soft grounds underneath my feet.

My heart was thudding wildly. Can I pull this act ? Do I have the guts to do the deed ? Would I have enough strength to dig the earth beneath me? And an even bigger question, would I be able to lift my 'victim' and bury her underground ?

Argh. Too many questions. Too many regrets.

And I got tears rolling on my cheeks when I remembered that SHE is gone.

I regret it that she died. I loved her. But she died. And I need to bury her.

And more and more big, fat tears came rolling down my cheeks. Outside, the rain keeps on falling, matching my dark, sinister mood. Inside, I felt like a world class murderer, trying to cover up her first kill.

Maybe a female version of Ted Bundy. Or Kane. Or was it Abel ?


Argh. Doesn't matter.


She's gone, and I've got to bury the dead. No prejudice. And I took a deep, cleansing breath, and fought back the new wave of tears that threaten to come down again.


So I grabbed the shovel, and started digging. I dug and dug and dug till my arms ached, and I gasped out of breath from exhaustion. The pit in front of me should be sufficient for her great, beautiful body. That would be perfect to lay her down to rest.


And so I reached for her, and ever so gently, I lifted her lifeless little body and put her down in the pit. I almost cried again when I saw her.


Oh Cleopatra, why did you die ?


Woke up today, and found out that my Cleopatra is dead.
COD : Unknown





My sweet Cleopatra in her final resting place. RIP, Cleo...


Yep. Cleopatra - my lovely duck had died mysteriously, and since my hubby is away on a business trip, I got the honor (or horror?) to bury her.


Oh I really loved her.

She was so beautiful, majestic and regal. A true queen material. Hence the name Cleopatra, after one of the greatest queen in the ancient time, the time of the pharaohs.


Oh Cleo, I will miss you.

RIP, my little queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment