Saturday, July 31, 2010

Battle of Rome...or is it ?

Triggered by my Braxton-Hicks contractions, which brought me back down to earth after I flew high like a kite, courtesy of my chocolate cravings episode, I started to work out my plans for the inevitable baby delivery process.

And believe me, this process equals the planning of a great war, the one that I hope that I would win, hands down. And guess what is the big prize ? Yeah, my own bundle of joy ! Gosh, maybe this is what the Emperor of Rome felt each time he sent off his mighty general on those conquests for lands and glory....


So with that in mind, I sorted out my plans. Just like a great Roman general, Julius Ceasar, perhaps....planning on the conquest or a campaign, I laid down my plans....


Julius Caesar
Museo della Civilta
Rome


But hey, I should had really embraced the spirit of Solehudin Al-Ayubi, working out his plan to recapture Palestine from the Crusaders in the Battle of Hatin....and come to think about it, I really really admire Solehuddin, or Saladdin as the westerns pronounce it......


Statue of Saladdin in Damascus


Yeah, cross out JC, welcome Saladdin!!!!!!



But.........Argh...just the thought of labor brings shiver down my spine. But I can't avoid this anymore. Need to work out my best-laid plan. Here's the items :-

1./ Baby clothing/paraphernalia, like baby cots/towels/napkins etc etc
Status - checked, post completed, except for baby strollers/baby car seat; (Hints:gifts are welcomed hahaha)
Note : This is the fun part. I love the baby cloth huntings...those cute baby cloth...and did I mention about the BABY GIRLS clothings? oh gosh I am very very tempted to buy that cute pink dress, but since my 3 sonograms reveal penis, so I had to refrain myself from making that purchase........sigh........yep, this is boy number four coming right up....

2./ My own post-partum necessities
Ubat - checked, ordered from my friend, awaiting delivery. I opted to use Amway's Tropical Herbs Post Natal Care Set . Had used it before, and I simply loved this product.
Note : I always cheated on ubat...hehehe...this time around, I hope that I will finish all the ubat on course...no more ponteng makan ubat OK!
Urut - Had booked from a makcik here. The only problem is that my due date will be on hari raya, so I might had to wait for one week before urut....sigh...well, can't do anything about that...
Note : I loved being pampered and massaged......looking forward to this!
Tungku & Barut : Checked, the barut/bengkung comes with the Amway set, and I bought an electric tungku....
Note : This is a MUST in my post natal care regime. I normally didn't really follow a strict diet/berpantang regime (makan, ai bantai apa yang ai rasa nak makan, n after 2 weeks of delivery ai dah keluar rumah, naughty eh??), but barut and tungku is a must, at least for the first 3 weeks.


3./ My otomen
- Oh gosh, here's the worrying factor (apart from my own labor). The other day, after Teddy went out for work, and I was watching TV with my adorable boys, I simply blurted this out to them...

Me : Boys...nanti mama bersalin, mama kena duduk hospital tau, and then mama balik bawak baby (using a happy tone) Boys : Nooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nak ikut ! mama don't go to hospital.....no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and then all of them end up crying on my lap and hugging me......and I end up crying too.....sigh....

Oh gosh...this is not my first delivery, it's my forth time, for crying out loud! But this time it's different. Before this, I normally gave birth at my kampung, and I don't have to worry about my boys while I was in the hospital. But this time, nay...we would be on our own...it will be just me, Teddy, the boys and my new baby...it's going to be tough, but I pray that Allah would ease everything for us.........



and I wonder if the great generals ever cried with this touchy issue................

4 comments:

  1. haaa... ko dok lama sket kat sepital... confirm bebudak tu ok...bapak budak je aku tak jamin...

    ReplyDelete
  2. dengan brilliant nya aku nak sajes supaya derang sumer duk kat hotel masa aku banak...at least aku idok la rasa macam nak pengsan bila balik umah lepas banak, seba umah jadi macam Titanic timbul atas daratan........brilliang dok idea aku ? otomen pun tak la sedey sangat.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. tak cukup brilliang le wei...
    aku sajes lepas kuar sepital ko yg dok kat hotel...
    amacam? sejak mai US ni aku makin brilliang dak?

    ReplyDelete
  4. huh...kalau aku sorang jer yg duk hotel lepas banak memang la brilliang, tapi kalo ngan otomen pastu bapak otomen duk hotel skali maknanya.....tawun depan ko kena kasi hadiah baby lagi la hikhikhik gelak gatai

    ReplyDelete