Monday, May 17, 2010

To Sir, With Love

Yesterday was May 16th. In Malaysia, May 16th is gazetted as the Teachers' Day. Here's some fact about why 16th May was chosen to celebrate all teachers in Malaysia. I got this from my best friend, Mr Wiki (yeah, where else ?)


This date was chosen because on the same day in 1956, the Federal Legislative Council of the Federation of Malaya endorsed the Razak Report, one of four reports of the Education Committee regarding education in Malaysia. The document, known as the Razak Report after Tun Abdul Razak who was Education Minister at the time, became the basis of education in Malaysia ever since. Although it is not an official school holiday, celebrations are usually held on May 16, or earlier, if it falls on a Saturday or Sunday.


Remember that information. You might need that say, if you are stuck with a RM1 million question if you enter the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire question, or whatever.


So now you know it. See, my blog is very informative, entertaining and witty all in one ! Yeah, you are free to puke and vomit. Just don't do it on your laptops. I won't be held responsible for that poor accident.

Now back to topic, please. It's about Teachers' Day. And talking about that, well, no words are enough to convey the gratitude that I have for all of my teachers who had entered my poor, insignificant life. And I got misty eyed and blurred visions and congested nose. Heck, no, I'm not down with the flu! (rolls eyes)

To all the teachers out there, this song is for you.


To Sir, With Love
Those schoolgirl days
Of telling tales and biting nails are gone
But in my mind
I know that they will still live on and on
But how do you thank someone
Who has taken you from crayons to perfume
It isn't easy, but I'll try

If you wanted the sky, I would write across the sky in letters
That would soar a thousand feet high
To Sir, with love

The time has come
For closing books and long last looks must end
And as I leave
I know that I am leaving my best friend
A friend who taught me right from wrong
And weak from strong, that's a lot to learn
What, what can I give you in return

If you wanted the moon I would try to make a start
But I would rather you let me give my heart
To Sir, with love

If you wanted the world, I'd surround it with a wall, I'd scrawl
These words with letters ten feet tall
To Sir, with love



And this is a special dedication to my former English teacher, Mr Amri Abdullah...thank you sir....


p/s: hari ini aku layan mood jiwang....

1 comment:

  1. huh..kelik sana jiwang kelik sini jiwang..het u olsss

    ReplyDelete