Thursday, July 28, 2011

Black Velvet vs Red Velvet

Oh goody, I love velvet! I used to have a long velvet dress in black, that I used to wear and flaunt on my girls' night out with my girlfriends, and damn it was a 'hit' little number, back then. It was like my 'baju cari makan', if you know what I mean.


Hell no, it's not 'cari makan' as in a pros(titute) looking out for potential client, heavens no! But damn I looked good in black, and black velvet, oh wow wow wowwwww and men just couldnt help but notice this gorgeous creature clad in black velvet..la dolce vita ! (yep, I'm exaggerating, but who cares?)

http://www.my-wardrobe.com/jasmine-di-milo/full-length-velvet-dress-803025


I love velvet. The texture, sooooooo smooth yet sooooooo comforting, And it holds its shape, meaning that, you can either have a beautiful body beneath the velvet, and you can flaunt it for the world to see,

OR, you can also be big, yet you can hide the multitude of sins beneath the velvet fabric, who will discreetly hold your 'big' secrets without ever revealing your bumps beneath, and yep, you can also flaunt your bods for the rest of the world to see!


Yay for velvet!!!


And I love to run my fingers down the smooth, satiny and silky surface of the velvet. Sooooo sensuos, oh la la!!!!!



Hmmm....



But today, well today it's not about black velvet.

Today, I give tribute to red velvet. Red ? Oh gosh, if there was ever a colour that I could avoid from wearing, it's gonna be red. Especially the bright, firearms red. I don't know, I guess wearing red is just like screaming for attention, like verbally yelling to everybody and shout ' LOOK AT ME ! LOOK AT ME NOW!!!!'

And as gorgeous that I am, I wouldn't want people to literally having their heads forcebly turn at me. No...I'm more on the pastel, soft coloured hues, just like Van Gogh, painting all shades of soft hues...sigh...I love Van Gogh...and Keane...







But hey, focus please!!!!!!

Dress of the Day: Red velvet long dress by Antonio Berardi


OhMyGod!!!!!!! This is soooooooooooooooooooo sexy! Monsieur Berardi is sooooo clever ! sigh.... I regretted not knowing you, babe!




Today's entry is not about black velvet dress, or sexy red velvet floor length dress that I-regretted- not-to-know-back-when-I-was-young-and-drop-dead-gorgeous (well, still gorgeous hahaha!).


Today's entry is not about dress, period.


It's about red velvet of another kind.


The infamous Red Velvet Cake.

I've heard about Red Velvet Cake, but I've never tasted it before. But I know that I must have it. So I searched the internet, and found the most reliable recipe in thejoyofbaking


So I hunted down for all the needed ingredients, and yesterday I embarked on my own adventure, and boy it was fun !


I felt a little like a mad scientist, especially when I mixed 2 teaspoons of vinegar with baking soda, and watched how the mixture fizzle and bubble away...and yep, like a mad, wicked magician, I chanted...

Trouble, trouble, boil and double !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And the outcome was great. The cake is moist yet tender, and it is soooooooo delicious and yummy !



The presentation is a bit messy. The recipe said that I should chill the cake in the fridge for at least one hour before I frost the cake, but hey, with the cake this gorgeous, who could wait that long ?




My very first RVC....






See, that is why I love baking, and cooking.


I'm off to finish the remains of my gorgeous Red Velvet before my troopers finished it off, without me!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Razzlina, Wow, I too love velvet.
    Psssst, where were you when I was handing out my resume? Ha ha ha.
    Ahhhh, still in Standard 3.
    And yes, velvet, satin too has that kind of sensual look, feel too...
    and wearing these makes men forgot their mother's name.

    I really love your stylish eloquence and your lively sense of humour.
    Good for you.
    Our life today is not a dress rehearsal. We only get to play one round.
    So live life with no excuses. Love with no regrets.
    Have a pleasant weekend, Razzlina, and keep a song in your heart.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Uncle Lee,

    Oh humour, I need humour in everything I do, can't live without it. I even laugh in times of disaster, not so because I'm not taking things seriously, but I know that things would be all right if I am able to laugh at all the absurdities that life had thrown at me hehe. Yep, it's peculiar right hehe....


    Anyway,


    You have a pleasant weekend too, kind sir!

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Razzlina,
    Telah berlabur tirai Syaaban menjelma pula Ramadhan.
    Saya ucapkan moga berjaya menunaikan puasa dengan Jayanya.
    My best regards.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's soooo sweet Uncle Lee, thank you so much for the good thoughts.

    ReplyDelete