Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I'm Hannibal The Cannibal !!!! Gasp!!!!!!






Remember him ? THE Hannibal Lecter, the infamous cannibal character ever invented on screen. And I secretly believed that Hannibal Lecter the Cannibal is the sexiest villain, on par with Captain Jack Sparrow (The Pirates of Carribean) and that guy who starred as Imhotep in The Mummy Returns.


And gosh, Anthony Hopkins really played his part to the boot! I remembered watching the movie, and I had this goosebumps all over my body just by looking at him. I mean, his character was supposed to be pure evil, a megalomaniac, a psychopath who killed and EAT his victims coldheartedly, with no remorse whatsoever. But in that movie his silent conduct, his wisdom and his eloquency spoke volumes that I couldn't help feeling mesmerized and transfixed to his character! And that, really give me the creeps!




Creepy yet intriguing Hannibal.


But what's more creepier is the facts that I bought the books that were written based on the movies - both The Silence of The Lambs, and its sequel, The Red Dragon. You know how novels are much, much more intimate that what you see on screen. On screen, you can scream, you can close your eyes, hid beneath your sofa or whatever, when you encounter those ugly, scarry scenes. Just shut your eyes for a few seconds, and you escaped all that gory, bloody murders. That's how I watched horror/thriller movies. I scream and shut my eyes so that I don't have to witness the ghost that leapt on screen, or whenever a psychopath killer caught his victim on screen.


My sister hates to see horror movies with me. She said she is more afraid to hear my scream than to see what is really happening on screen. I told her, well, that's what watching a horror movie is all about. It's about scrreammmmmm and let go. She said that I'm a coward. So I punched her face, and that, induced a catfight that only ends when our parents pulled us apart. I was 10, and she was 9 back then. Talk about she-cats from hell! haha








Well, anyway, the question now is, am I a cannibal ? And why ?


Remember him?

Gomok, the past.


Well, hubby dearest woke up 2 days ago, and decided that he would like to eat duck meat for iftar. So guess who ends up as dinner on our table that day ?


Yep, the Gomok.

I told Teddy my hubby that I don't eat my own pets, that it would be almost like a cannibalism to do such thing. Teddy was quick to point out that his ducks are not his pets, well, at least he doesn't look at his ducks the way that he looks at his arowana, for example. And then we argue back and forth on the semantics, and we even went as far as the history of evolution in homo sapiens, the neanderthals and the cro-magnons , just for the sake of arguing. Yeah, nasty.




A cro-magnon skull.



A Neanderthal skull reconstruction


If you want to know how a homo sapiens looks like, just look in a mirror OK!



Anyway, suffice to say that Teddy won the debate. But as a consolation prize, I told him that yep, I can cook the duck, butI won't get my hands dirty with the slaughter, the cleaning/processing of internal organs/feathers etc etc. And I can't promise that I would eat the duck!

So we reached an agreement, and Teddy kept to his promises. And so I cooked the duck meat that day. The rendang kerutup itek that I cooked in my huge wok (yep, I cooked 1 whole bird, coz Teddy's staff in office are all duck meat lovers!) doesn't at all reminds me of Gomok. And by iftar or buka puasa time, when I put the rendang on the serving plates, all that I can see is just....wahlauuu...the rendang looks like chicken only mehhh!!!


And Teddy gently put 1 portion of the rendang on my plate. I glared at him at first, but hunger took over me, and I gingerly squeezed and pinched the piece of meat on my plate. The meat was dark, unlike the white flesh of a chicken. Oh gosh, I'm soooo ready to puke! But I tahan, just as I don't call forth Gomok's image in my mind. And so I took the first bite, and..................


OhMyGod!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


It was delicious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



And that, is how I crossed over to the 'other' side.




Of course not the cannibalism part.




But the duck meat lover society, if there's one society like that. Haha












4 comments:

  1. Hi Razzlina, haha, I too will not eat pets or what we rear.
    Young days we had chickens, and it was my job to feed them. But when my mother buat curry ayam with one of the ayams, I will not eat.
    Lain ayam I don't see boleh, ha ha.

    Re that Hanibal fellow.....yes, very good movie.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aku tau dah ending citer ko..memula mesti ko malu-malu kucen.. lepastu yg makan banyak pun mesti ko jugak... sebab tu lah bakal menantu aku tak besar2.... tak cukup makan... hikhik...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Uncle Lee,

    hehe that's why I said it is almost like cannibalism oh gross coz I ate sedikit of that duck and it sure was tasty lol... oh gross....

    take care Uncle, and thanks for dropping by

    Razzlina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kak Tek,

    Bakal menantu ko sumbunk, tak mo makan itiksss...bukak posa n sahur mesti kena ada fresh milk Dutch Lady...masa iftar sekotak masa sahut sekotak....dah nak sebulan posa nih dah lebih 30 kotak susu dia slurpppp, adehhhhh aku nak bela lembu susu la lepas ni

    ReplyDelete